There are many reasons to print envelopes. Many people print envelopes for personal or business use. The majority use them to send hard copies to clients, colleagues, or loved ones. Investing in a high-quality printer for envelopes is a worthwhile decision you shouldn’t regret.
If you want quality envelopes, you will need a printer suitable for all the projects you have at hand. There are different printers for envelopes, from inkjet printers, laser printers, color printers, and monochromatic to multifunction or single-function printers. It is upon you to decide which type of printer best suits your needs and requirements.
Indeed, there are different printers, but you have to figure out which one is best for envelopes. Figure out if the available printer model will make it easy to print an envelope with a unique size and one that stands out. It should be a printer you can easily and conveniently use to print different types of papers and one that allows you to take full advantage of color printing.
Best Printers for Envelopes Review
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Wireless Printer
When looking for all-in-one wireless, mobile printing, duplex, and borderless printing device, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is the best option. This budget envelope printer is incredible for copying, scanning, fax, wireless and duplex printing at home or office for a successful project.
You will quickly satisfy all your home and personal printing needs. Even if you are on a tight budget, you will get a printer that squeezes as many features as you wish in one to print stress-free at any time.
The printer is also easy to use and prints with many conveniences. You can easily print when and where you need it via your smartphone, notebook, tablet, or PC. Users of this printer will enjoy convenient mobile printing options and mobile setup.
You need to connect the way you want to the wireless networking and Ethernet. With this printer, you can easily produce fast professional-quality color envelopes for 50% less than using laser printers. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is an ideal model that supports A4, Letter, 4×6 inch to 5×7 inch or panoramic/4×8.5inch and 10x30cm. You will significantly save paper and handle robust printing tasks without any compromise or slowing down.
- Multifunctional: The printer is equipped with print, scan, copy and fax printing functionality. Additionally, it comes with a 35-page automatic document feeder option.
- 2.65-Inch Display: Thanks to the 2.65-inch color display touch screen, you can navigate through to print easily.
- Amazon ALEXA Technology: Its ability to support Amazon ALEXA technology enables the user to print without any physical activity directly.
- It comes with multiple connectivity functions
- Delivers high-quality outputs
- It is designed with a 2.65 touch screen display
- Multifunctional printer
- A bit expensive
2. Canon Office and Business MX922 All-In-One Printer
Your office and business need enough envelopes for day-to-day use. You don’t have to waste a lot of money looking for money to print huge packages of envelopes. Printing services can be a costly undertaking, but with a Canon office and business MX922 all-in-one printer, you can print hundreds of envelopes whenever you want to.
This superb printer for envelopes features AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, mobile device printing, Wireless LAN, and much more. It also guarantees effective connectivity via USB 2.0 hi-speed. All you need is to plug the cable into your computer or smartphone for a super-fast connection to transfer data.
It is a fully integrated printer with a 35-sheet duplex auto document feeder and easily scans and copies documents without loading them one page at a time. Hence, you will enjoy the fast printing of loads of envelopes at the comfort of business or office premises.
Thanks to the built-in auto duplex printing, you can automatically print both sides of your envelopes without the hassle of having to turn the pages manually. Most importantly, this Canon office and business printer model is compatible with different ink tanks and Windows operating systems.
- Auto Duplex Automatic Document Feeder: The printer is designed with a 35-page auto duplex automatic document feeder hence faster envelop printing.
- Inbuilt LAN and Airprint: With the inbuilt LAN and Airprint features, you can connect the printer to a nearby device.
- Five Ink Options: Thanks to the five ink option that automatically delivers high finish outputs no matter the input.
- High-quality printing
- It has an excellent connectivity option
- It is a multitasking printer to use
- It can easily print high finish envelopes
- Heavier compared to others
3. Brother HL-L2350DW Laser Printer
You won’t regret investing in a Brother printer. It is a feature-rich and all-in-one printer for envelopes you will, without a doubt, fall in love with. This Brother HL-L2350DW series is a perfect choice for home and small offices and delivers top print speeds of up to 32ppm and wait less as your projects print.
It is designed for increased efficiency and guarantees flexible paper-handling choices. For instance, it can handle up to 250-sheet capacity and comes with a manual paper feed slot.
You will also enjoy added convenience thanks to the wifi printing option via compatible mobile devices. This printer will stay connected when printing from your smartphone, desktop, laptop, and tablet. You can also connect the printer your way using its USB interface to the PC.
This monochrome laser printer also helps save money, especially if you rely on the automatic 2-sided printing or utilize the toner save mode that helps reduce toner costs. Intrinsically, you will have a cost-effective printer for envelopes to use each day stress-free.
- Handles All Sizes of Pages: It can hold up to 3000 pages in a single tray and has a speed of 32 ppm. It prints all sizes of pages, from letters to legal.
- Easy to Carry: It’s compact, and lightweight makes it easy to carry. Also, its per-page cost is lower compared to other printers.
- Multifunctional: Not only does the printer do traditional printing but also scan copy and fax. It is perfect for printing envelopes.
- Can print a lot of envelopes quickly
- It is multitasker
- Delivers the speed of 32 ppm
- Offer various connectivity options
- It can only print monochrome
4. HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer
HP has, over the years, been a stand-out printer model for many uses. The HP OfficeJet 200 portable and wireless printer is the ideal model when looking for a series to print envelopes or related projects. The main function of this color portable printer is to print wherever you have a project at hand.
You can wireless print from your mobile phone, laptop, and more. You don’t have to use any cables to print as this wireless printer uses amazing technology.
Using the free HP ePrint app, you can print via your smartphone or tablet without a network. Wireless Direct Printing is a key feature that has made this HP OfficeJet 200 series an ideal choice for many people. You can print a standard input capacity of envelopes and other projects you have at hand.
It’s easy to carry the printer in your backpack or car, and you don’t have to stress about missed printing opportunities as it comes with a long-lasting battery. This model also uses HP 62XL and HP 62 ink cartridges for great results. Also, the easy-to-use control panel will help you stay productive and deliver quality work.
- Portable and Lightweight: Despite its small size, it prints quality envelopes. It works well as the best and most heavy printers. Amazingly, it can print up to 300 pages in a month.
- 4-in 1 Printer: The printer can print, scan, copy and fax. Its features facilitate envelope printing with ease.
- Remote Printing: Thanks to the Ethernet connection, which allows you to get remote prints. You can print up to 50 pages at a time.
- It has great connectivity options
- Prints from USB thumb drives
- Lightweight and portable
- It has an unintuitive and outdated touch screen
5. Epson WorkForce WF-7720 Wireless Printer
In your search for the best printers for envelopes, you won’t go wrong by picking an Epson workforce WF-7720 color inkjet printer. This model offers unparalleled printing choices, and it comes with fantastic features. For instance, the workforce WF-7720 series is driven by Precision Core and guarantees better performance than laser printers.
Not to mention, the color printer guarantees print-shop quality, and you can come up with borderless prints hassle-free. It is compatible with diverse Windows operating systems and Mac OS for convenient printing any time you need to.
This Epson model uses genuine Epson inks that guarantee a high-quality printing experience and Epson cartridges. Keep in mind that other inks are not formulated for this printer and may cause damage. It’s an economic model that uses up to 80% power as compared to color laser printers.
Hence, you don’t have to fret about the possibility of surging electricity bills. Significantly, you will enjoy high-volume printing of up to 500-sheet capacity and features dual trays and rear feed if you use specialty printing papers. The Epson WorkForce WF-7720 is a great choice for automatic 2-sided print, scan, fax, and copy. Feel free to place an order today.
- Connectivity Options: this printer allows you to connect the printer via Ethernet, wifi, Apple, Google Cloud Print, and USB cable.
- 3.7-inch Color Touchscreen: The printer is equipped with a 3.7-inch color touchscreen to allow you to navigate throughout your printing process.
- Extra features: The printer has an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 35 pages at once. Moreover, it supports double-sided printing.
- It is designed with an automatic document feeder
- A standard range of connectivity options
- It can hold multiple papers
- Equipped with automatic document feeder
- It can be challenging to set up fax emailing
- Not a multifunctional printer
What Should You Look For When Buying a Printer For Envelopes?
Different purchase criteria arose when comparing printers for envelopes, which we will present to you in more detail.
The printers for envelopes test showed a clear difference in acquisition cost, volume, and print speed. So it makes sense to consider whether you want to use your new printer for envelopes for personal use – at home or in the office. Inkjet printers are quieter, less space-consuming, and cheaper to buy. Compared to laser printers, they print much slower, and the paper tray is often smaller. In addition, ink cartridges need to be replaced more often than toner cartridges in a laser printer. Therefore, it is not just the purchase cost that determines which printer for envelopes is your bestseller.
Laser printers are best suited for large amounts of text. You are fast and accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. They take up a lot of space and are louder than inkjet printers. Therefore, do not install it directly at the workplace.
For many users, print speed plays a significant role in the rating of a printer for envelopes. Especially in the office, it can be essential to have a lot of text on the paper quickly. Print speed per minute is indicated in two ways: for black and white prints and color prints.
How high the print resolution should be on the printer for envelopes depends, among other things, on whether you want to print text or images. In texts, this criterion plays a lesser role; with photographs, everything looks different.
Generally, a print resolution of 600 x 600 dpi is usually sufficient for texts and fewer complex graphics. For legible prints, a resolution of at least 1,200 x 600 dpi must be possible.
How To Print Multiple Envelopes?
If you want to create and print multiple letter envelopes, you can do so using Microsoft Word. Here’s how.
If you are using Microsoft Word to create a series of letters, you need to think about the next step: send them by mail. You will need envelopes for this, but you can create your envelope designs if you want a professional look. This allows you to add branding, warnings, and more to the outside of the envelope.
Microsoft Word lets you create envelope designs, allowing you to design an envelope, resize print, and add a postal address. If you want to learn how to create and print envelopes in Microsoft Word, here’s what you need to do.
Using Envelope Mail Merge In Microsoft Word
If you are using Word Mail Merge, you can use it to print directly onto envelopes. This saves time – instead of manually adding each address, Word will automatically insert them into the envelope design.
If you have addresses ready to merge emails, click Mailings> Start Mail Merge> Envelopes.
Merge Options For Word Envelopes
In the Envelope Options box, select the envelope size from the Envelope drop-down menu. You can also change the font used for shipping and return addresses by clicking different Font options.
Click OK to save and paste your design into Word when you’re done.
Word will change the page layout to match your envelope printing options by adding addresses on each page. Once you’re happy with the design, click File> Print> Print to start the printing process.
How To Make Envelopes Out of Paper?
You can make a regular or gift envelope from A4 paper. It all depends on who you are doing it for and on what occasion you plan to present it. The shape and size can be any, but mainly rectangular and square, and money envelopes (for the presentation of bills) are made.
Preparation of Materials
So that it doesn’t take you half a day to make and print envelopes, and prepare materials and paper for work in advance. You will need scissors, paper, and glue. If you plan to create a complex design envelope with applique, in addition, you will need paints, pencils, markers, etc. You can use artificial flowers, lace, buttons, sequins, beads, ribbons, etc.
It is worth deciding in advance what shape you want to make an envelope and the color scheme.
- Making a standard (postal) envelope:
- put an A4 sheet of paper like a landscape sheet;
- create a markup: 7.2 mm each from the upper right and lower left sides of the sheet;
- from these points, draw lines to the lower right and upper left corners, respectively;
- cut the resulting two triangles on the sides;
- lay the sheet so that there is a rhombus in front of you;
- bend the sides perfectly even to the middle;
- repeat the same with the lower and upper sides;
- Glue the side folded sides and the bottom side together at their junction, and leave the top unaffected – you should have a finished envelope with an opening tab.
How To Print on The Envelope?
Having enlisted the support of the text editor Microsoft Word, you can print an envelope on a printer in a reasonably short time. All that is needed for this is to use the step-by-step instructions below.
The first thing to do is select the Mailings tab and click the Create button. In the menu that appears, select the “Envelopes and Labels” item. If all operations were performed correctly, a menu would appear in front of the user, offering to configure the main parameters of the future envelope:
- “Address of the recipient.” To indicate the address on the envelope, the user must fill in this field. When writing the text, it is recommended to use exclusively established abbreviations instead of “ad-libbing.”
- Add Postage Stamp. The setting of this parameter takes place if you plan to use a unique electronic mark purchased over the Internet. Otherwise, the next item should be selected.
- “Return address.” Everything is simple here; the item should be filled in in full accordance with its name.
- “Innings.” Demonstrates the correct position of the paper inside the printing device.
Before printing an envelope, you need to pay special attention to its size. The size should be chosen per the types of documents that you plan to send. For dimensional documents and documents that will be submitted to government agencies, you should select a large, full-size envelope (you need to click the corresponding button in the settings). If you plan to send personal correspondence, you can choose absolutely any parameters that are convenient for you.
If all the preparatory activities are completed, the fields are filled in, and the settings are set – it remains to click the “send to print” button.
FAQ: Best Printers for Envelopes
Can I print envelopes on my printer?
Yes, you can print the envelope on your printer. You need to insert the envelope in the feed box on the Printing Options tab in the envelope options dialog box, click add to Document, and click Print.
Are there printers just for envelopes?
Xante Impressia printers are used for printing color letterhead cards, forms, mailers, banners, envelopes, and labels. You can print on a wider variety of media and sheet sizes so you can produce on-demand envelopes.
What program can I use to print envelopes?
There are 8 free envelope printing software you can use, including;
- Tweaking envelope printer for printing a lot of envelopes
- Print envelopes which allow an automated printing process
- Envelope prints envelope online
- Dataware software prints an envelope in 2 steps
- Microsoft Office uses online templates
- Envelope printer ensures fast printing
- OpenOffice writer contains huge collections of templates
- Easy envelopes have exclusive envelope designs
Where can I print my envelopes?
Whether for personal or commercial use, make custom envelopes from the UPS Store. It offers a variety of options to make a custom printed envelope. The printed envelopes make your message stand out to the receiver. The store offer envelops of multiple sizes, an assortment of paper stock, and printed in full-color
We hope you have found your choice by now. Choosing a printer for envelopes is not like going to a shopping mall and picking a product.
First, do your research and spend some time on it to ensure you choose one that suits you best. Make sure the printer supports the size of the envelope before settling on one. You will find many printers that claim to be the best and print on envelopes.
The above factors will help you choose the best high-end, medium, and budget printer ideals for commercial and personal use.