Here is a list of four great photo printers to help you choose the best inkjet photo printer for you. When choosing the best inkjet photo printer for your needs, keep in mind that they will all have a couple of very important things in common: vivid colors and high-quality printing. Nonetheless, when choosing the very best inkjet photo printer, you also have to look at a set of other factors such as cost, size, and features.
Top Picks: 5 Best Inkjet Photo Printers
Best Inkjet Photo Printers- Buyer’s Guide
1. Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Compact Color Photo Printer
This compact printer can almost fit in the palm of your hand. If you are looking for a device that can print smaller pictures, the Epson PictureMate PM400 is the perfect pick. It can deliver vibrant, high quality, long-lasting prints and also borderless photos. All its various features come packed in an ultra-compact design that is presented as being lightweight and portable.
- Functions: Print
- Dimensions: 24.9cm x 38.4cm x 20.1cm (9.8 x 15.1 x 7.9 inches)
- Paper Tray Capacity: Input 50 sheets, Output 20 sheets
- Paper Sizes Supported: 3″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″
- Cartridges: Epson T5570 PictureMate Print Pack Inkjet Cartridges
- The 2.7″ color display lets you preview photos
- It features wireless printing and Wi-Fi direct
- This printer has a lightweight, compact, portable design that makes it perfect for taking to events
- Photos are smudge, fade, scratch, and water-resistant
- The pictures can reportedly last up to 200 years
- It prints borderless photos–all the way to the edge
- This printer only prints small photos
- Slow printing speed, producing only 2 pictures per minute
2. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, 5147
If you are looking for a basic all-in-one photo printer that delivers high-quality color images, then this is a great variant for you. This compact photo printer can print borderless, 4 x 6 photos right to the edge, so no trimming is required. At a price that is able to fit anyone’s budget, it is easy to see why it is on the best inkjet photo printer list.
- Functions: print, copy, scan
- Dimensions: 17.52″ x 14.45″ x 5.04″ (44.50cm x 36.71cm x 12.80cm)
- Paper Tray Capacity: Input 100 sheets, Output 25 sheets
- Paper Sizes Supported: Letter, Legal, Envelope #10, 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, 8×10
- Cartridges: HP 63 Ink Series
- Wi-Fi Direct lets you connect to a smartphone or tablet without a network.
- Features a touchscreen display.
- It comes with automatic 2-sided printing.
- The HP Envy 4520 works with Alexa
- This printer includes a quiet mode so you won’t be annoyed by loud printing
- Comes with a scan-to-email feature
- The printer doesn’t have a separate photo tray so you will have to switch out the paper each time you are looking to print something different
- It is a slow device, only printing out 9.5 ppm black and 6.8 ppm color
3. Brother MFC-J680DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, 381
The Brother MFC-J680DW Color Inkjet Printer made the best inkjet photo printer list because it is an amazing device that, despite not being specifically a photo printer, can deliver exceptional photos. Not only can you print amazing photos with this printer, but you also have a complete office solution that won’t break your wallet.
It is also included in the Amazon Dash Replenishment program, so you won’t have to worry about your ink levels either.
- Functions: print, scan, copy, fax
- Dimensions: 15.7in x 13.4in x 6.8in (39.88cm x 34.04cm x 17.27cm)
- Paper Tray Capacity: Input 100 sheets
- Paper Sizes Supported: Up to 8.5″ x 14″
- Cartridges: Brother LC203 Ink Series
- Duplex printing and automatic document feeder.
- Scan directly to a cloud service without needing a computer.
- It has a 2.7″ color touchscreen display.
- The printer is Amazon Dash enabled for easy ink replenishment
- It has a single sheet bypass tray
- Includes Wi-Fi direct so you will not need a network connection to print from your computer or mobile devices
- It prints slowly at only 12 ppm black and 6 ppm color
- There have been several complaints about random error messages popping up and interfering with the day to day use
4. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer
The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is a large format professional inkjet printer that can take your photos to the next level. The 8-color ChromaLife ink system paired with this printer’s fantastic printing technology helps deliver pictures with true-to-life colors, unrivaled in other printers. This printer comes with the Optimum Image Generating System included, which helps reproduce colors precisely as you’d like them to be.
You have a lot of features in this little printer that should be able to top your wildest expectations.
- Functions: print
- Dimensions: 27.2in x 15.2in x 8.5in (69.1cm x 38.6cm x 21.59cm)
- Paper Tray Capacity: Output 150 sheets(20 photo paper)
- Paper Sizes Supported: 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, Letter, Legal, 11×17, 13×19
- Cartridges: Canon CLI-42 8-Color Ink
- Canon’s exclusive technology, FINE (Full-photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering), enables print resolution of up to 4800×2400 dpi.
- The printer has a rear tray with a manual feed for easy loading of thicker papers.
- This printing device features built-in CD and DVD printing.
- Despite all of the features, the printer is Energy-Star certified
- The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 can print poster size images at an amazingly high dpi
- The PictBridge feature allows you to print directly from a camera, camcorder, or phone without the need for a computer
- Two-sided printing requires manual feeding
So here they are, these are four of the best inkjet photo printers of 2022, selected and analyzed based on their top features and number of specs, among others. Do you know of any photo printers worth mentioning? Leave us your thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations below!
For more information and details of the best printers available, be them laser, home, office and business, or all-in-one solutions, we invite you to read the following: